You are here
Error messageThe MailChimp PHP library is missing the required GuzzleHttp library. Please check the installation notes in README.txt.
Warning messageThe subscription service is currently unavailable. Please try again later.
The office in the occupied Palestinian territory has responsibility for inter-agency coordination in complex emergencies and in natural disasters. In the context of the deteriorating humanitarian situation in the occupied Palestinian territory, the OCHA Office has a specific responsibility for (a) disseminating information and policies to the humanitarian community, authorities and donors, as well as supporting resource mobilization efforts; (b) assisting in the identification of humanitarian priorities and needs and the coordination of resource mobilization efforts; and (c) disseminating information on the impact of natural disasters, response there to and the need for international assistance/
In order to meet the increased requirements for coordination support, humanitarian advocacy and information, the OCHA office in the occupied Palestinian territory has expanded its presence. Through its expanded presence in the field and Jerusalem, the OCHA oPt team will ensure adequate support to area-based operational coordination structures, sectoral coordination in priority areas such as health and food security etc, and nation level coordination, both operational and policy.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Administrative Officer, the Receptionist provides telephone communication and general reception and information services ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. In addition, the receptionist provides general administrative support and services ensuring high quality of work, accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery. The Receptionist promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Receptionist works in close collaboration with the Administration and Human Resources Department, Field Coordination Units, Information and Advocacy Unit within the OCHA oPt Office and other UN Agencies staff to ensure consistent service delivery.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of front-desk service and telephone communications services
- Updating UN Staff information
- Leave Monitor
- General Administrative Work
1. Ensure the provision of front-desk service and telephone communication services focusing on achievement of the following results:
Monitoring of all visitors to the OCHA oPt Jerusalem Office; assistance to visitors by providing directions and accurate information related to UN.
Management and Operation of the central switchboard, answering telephone, respond to routing requests for information, transmittal of messages and checking the fax machine frequently.
- Management and planning of the front-desk coverage.
- Assists in preparation for meetings in Conference Room and keep its facilities prepared for all meetings.
- Maintains schedule of meetings for OCHA office.
- Registry of incoming and outgoing mail.
2. Ensure the UN Staff and other contacts information focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection and update of UN staff information on monthly basis, ensuring all data and information is correct and accurate.
- Update the OCHA oPt list of staff through the Department of Safety & Security database on a quarterly basis.
- Update the OCHA oPt National and International staff list on the OCHA Contact Management on-line system on a monthly basis.
- Maintain an up to date directory/telephone list of all NGO’s, Consulates, Representative Offices, Embassies and other UN Agencies.
- Update the information pocket sheet “Security tree” on a weekly basis to ensure the quick access of security information communication between Jerusalem HQ and Field staff when needed.
3. Ensure the Attendance Records are followed up focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Leave Monitor: Collate monthly personnel attendance records and ensure accurate annual leave records and supporting documentation.
- Ensures that attendance sheets are supported with the required documentation such as sick leave/ training forms/annual leave requests/CTO.
- Ensures that Paternity and Maternity Leave are accurately monitored and sent to Geneva HQ and UNDP Jerusalem in a timely manner.
- Updates the Annual Leave Balance for OCHA oPt Staff on a monthly basis.
- Advises on leave balances and cut off dates to OCHA Staff and work closely with the various supervisors on the leave balance for their staff
4. Ensure the provision of Administrative Support to the Administration and Human Resources Department focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Distribution of the telephone breakdowns (i.e. Orange, Jawwal and Landline) to OCHA oPt staff at the end of each month to highlight personal phone calls.
- Assists in facilitating the monthly system of private charges for OCHA oPt staff members by ensuring timely invoicing.
- Assists in screening of CVs for OCHA oPt National Recruitments when needed.
- Filing correspondence.
- Archiving administrative files.
- General administrative work (i.e. requests for issuance of UN ID cards, arranging for appointments with UNDP visa section, prepare certification letters for OCHA Staff, photocopying, sending faxes, sending out invitations, etc)
- Works closely with the transportation unit to follow up on liberty use of official vehicles and payment.
- Undergoes a periodic use analysis of Jawwal lines for all field staff and submit recommendations for the required minute’s plans for each user, to assist the Administrative Officer in the cost control process.
- Perform other duties as required
5. Provides support to OCHA oPt workshops, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Prepares stationary supplies required for the workshop; dealing with special requests and follow up with the bookshop to provide the needed items.
- Arranges for delivery of supplies to the event.
- Facilitates the registry process of invitees at the event to ensure accurate payment to the supplier with regards of number of people for coffee breaks and lunch.
- Helps with logistical issues at the event liaising with the hotel for the needed equipment.
- Ensures that all stationary brought back to the office such as flip charts and markers etc.. to be used for future events.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to arrangement of meetings, office and vehicle maintenance and general administration work.
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Strong IT skills
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
2 to 3 years of experience in general administration including receptionist duties. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems. UN Experience is an asset.
Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Women are encouraged to apply