The office in the occupied Palestinian territory has responsibility for inter-agency coordination in complex emergencies and in natural disasters. In the context of the deteriorating humanitarian situation in the occupied Palestinian territory, the OCHA office has a specific responsibility for (a) disseminating information and policies to the humanitarian community, authorities and donors, as well as supporting resource mobilization efforts; (b) assisting in the identification of humanitarian priorities and needs and the coordination of resource mobilization efforts; and (c) disseminating information on the impact of natural disasters, response there to and the need for international assistance.
OCHA oPt maintains presence in Hebron city to meet the increased requirements for coordination support, humanitarian advocacy and information covering the area of Hebron and Bethlehem governorates. A team of four OCHA staff members forming the Southern Field Coordination Unit (SFCU) is utilizing an office space jointly with two staff members. This arrangement has been in place for four years and proved to be efficient.
Under the direct supervision of the head of the FCU, the cleaner provides cleaning services ensuring high quality of work.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- General Cleaning Services
- Stairway and Balconies Maintenance
- Other responsibilities
- Ensures the implementation of general cleaning services, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Checking on the cleaning stocks and informing the Head of the SFCU regarding the stocks of all cleaning, kitchen and bathroom supplies and to maintain a minimum stock as dictated by the Head of the SFCU.
- Cleaning the OCHA/OHCHR office, Hebron office to the standard required by the Head of the SFCU.
- Cleaning and tidying outside stairway and balconies of the office to the standard required by the Head of the SFCU.
- Preparation and cleaning of conference room facilities upon request by the Head of the SFCU.
- Cleaning inside of vehicles as and when required.
- Be prepared to work flexible hours to accommodate the office hour’s requirements and assist with official visits and meetings.
- Ensures the implementation of Stairway and Balconies Maintenance, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Cleaning and organizing the entrance and stairway of the main building of the office to the standards require by the Head of the SFCU.
- Water inside plants as required.
- Upon request by the Head of DFCU, the cleaner may be requested to assist with other duties as follows:
- Assist in moving furniture and office commodities
- Maintain the heaters of the office filled with fuel and ready for usage.
2 years’ work experience as a cleaner.
UN Experience is an asset.
Working Knowledge in the language of the duty station; knowledge of the UN language of the duty station.
How to apply:
For a full description of the post please visit the vacancies section on the OCHA – oPt website indicated below.
All applicants are requested to email the following documents to the OCHA oPt Office by using the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
1. Cover letter, in English (max 300 words) explaining why you think you are qualified for this post and why you would like to work for OCHA.
2. Completed United Nations Personal History Form (UN-P-11) in English providing full details of education, present and past employment, language skills, computer skills, etc.
The UN P-11 form can be found on OCHA’s website: www.ochaopt.org
It would be appreciated your stating your full name and the OCHA vacancy notice number (2016-009) as the subject in your e-mail application.
Only qualified candidates should apply and only those who have been short listed will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 9 November 2016
Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Women are encouraged to apply